Thursday, October 06, 2005

A quote to get stuck in the head

“Where oppression does not completely and permanently break the spirit, has it not the natural tendency to produce retaliatory pride and contempt? We reimburse ourselves for cuffs and toil by a double dose of self-esteem.” C.S. Lewis

I came across this quote while cleaning out some old files on my computer. I've been wrestling with these ideas of balance; with the idea that one person, or group, that thinks they have THE answer, is MISSING part of the answer. Now I find myself reading this quote again, and I just can't nail down what it's making me think. But it's making me think, and that's a good start. I thought I'd stick it in here, and see if it makes other people think.

Pride is always on the list of bad habits not to take up, but this quote is hinting at a new source of where Pride comes from; and that is what is currently intriguing me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home