Sunday, October 16, 2005

Surprise Me: Day 2

Day 2 was a little more interesting. Got up, said the three word prayer (Surprise Me God) and headed to work. Again, nothing was really happening that was out of the ordinary. Late in the day I found we had an issue on the floor. I am on the operations support team the oversees manufacturing. There was an employee who had made some mistakes. The problemwas it wasn't the first time; there'd been a lot of mistakes made over the past few weeks. I felt it was time to take action; to bring this issue forward to my manager, which would seem a very big deal to the employee. It was my job to address this issue, but something told me not to. And so I didn't, the work day ended and went home. I puzzled the whole evening over this encounter. Why did I let it go? I guess I was trying to make as big of a deal of this as I could, seeing as Day 1 had brought up diddly-squat.

Was it patience that compelled me? Compassion? The knowledge that going to my boss as opposed to her boss might not be the "appropriate" action to take yet? I didn't know what to think. I just knew it was the right decision.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home