Monday, October 17, 2005

Surprise Me: Day 5

Day 5 started with a trip to Northwestern College. My wife teaches oboe lessons there, and if I have nothing else to do, I go along. Gives me time to wander the campus. Time to think. That morning it gave me a chance to catch up on my journal entries for this experiment. I always seem to be a day behind; I hope that doesn’t throw off the curve.

After lessons we headed downtown. We were going to a wine tasting that afternoon, but first we grabbed some lunch. Moose and Sadies used to be a coffee house, and I went there now and then. Now it’s a café. It was strange to be there again; everything has changed so much. But they made a nice ham and apple sandwich, so no complaints there. Then it was off to a coffee house to work on my current theater project. But only after unloading all my stuff, and powering up my laptop, did I realize I’d forgotten some notes I needed. I discovered I didn’t have them with me, so the writing was not gonna happen. So we hit the wine tasting a littler earlier then planned. Did God have a surprise waiting for me at the wine tasting? In a way, yes. I was totally out of my element. This was a swirl and spit tasting, which I’ve never done. The purpose is to learn about different wines, without having to purchase the bottles yourself. Tried about twenty wines, and frankly I was amazed. The different flavors, the stories of the different vineyards told by the employees. I had reservations going in; but I was quite satisfied heading out. The evening was spent at home. Junk food, and the Family Guy movie; just the wife and I.

After four days of surprises, big ideas, and conversations, that was the break I needed. Just a relaxing day. No big “God” moments. But maybe sometimes rest is a God moment. Seventh day, and all that. I’ll take ‘em when I can get ‘em.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home