Monday, February 06, 2006

We Fumble and Stumble

I've recently observed something of how we live our day to day lives. We tend to fumble. By that I mean, we move forward, day to day, quite carelessly. It's as if we were stumbling down a hill, somehow staying on our feet. And it is in the "somehow" that I find myself pondering. And it's from a couple angles that I approach the question.

First one, why don't we fall? What keeps us on our feet? Is it God? Is it chance? Is it dumb luck?

Second; should I be trying to figure it out? It seems we all at one time or another will fall. But it also seems that life always finds a way of recovering. It's only in extreme cases when a fall might be permanent. So if that's the case, should we just fumble on? Keep track of our footing, but realize that we aren't totally in control; and be okay with that?

Lately I've been paying A LOT of attention to the footing, thus I've noticed the stumbling. But things seem to be getting better by forces outside of my control. I guess that's a good thing, but at the same time, I sorta feel helpless. It's like the forces that cause me to fall, will also bring me back to my feet. Which bring me back to the first question: what does this? Which leads me right to the second question: should I care? And back and forth and on and on and on.

Quite a carousel I have constructed to stumble through life on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home